Arizona Winter School 2023: Unlikely Intersections
AWS 2023 will be held March 4-8, 2023 at the University of Arizona in Tucson, AZ.
Application deadline for students was November 15th, 2022
. The registration deadline for senior participants (postdocs, faculty) was December 15th, 2022
Registration is now closed.
All participants must abide by the University of Arizona nondiscrimination and anti-harassment policy.
Please refer to University of Arizona academic calendars for the tentative
dates of future Winter Schools.
(The AWS begins on the first day of the University of Arizona's Spring Recess in any given year.)
Study Group Leaders
These guidelines are based on the current pandemic conditions and are subject to change as we continuously monitor the situation.
- There will be no required masking in the lecture hall. You are welcome to wear a mask and the lecture hall is large enough to support distancing. Please respect everyone's choices regarding masking and social distancing.
- We require all participants to take a COVID test, preferably a PCR test if you have access, less than 48 hours prior to departing for travel to the conference. This will help keep us all safe and avoid the potential for an outbreak. Please email the results (e.g., a photograph of a negative test, or an email or screenshot from a doctor's visit) to email@example.com.
- All attendees are strongly encouraged to: Get vaccinated and boosted as soon as possible, if they have not already done so.
- Make flexible travel arrangements that allow for rebooking, refunding, and/ or cancellation without penalty.
- Refer to the guidance on the CDC and University of Arizona websites.
- Bottles of hand sanitizer will be available in and around the main lecture hall and the evening working sessions. Participants are encouraged to also bring their own supply for personal use.
- All lectures will be live-streamed to enable and promote remote participation.
- Attendees who wish to take advantage of local testing capacity should refer to the following resources: Pima County testing centers, CVS testing locations, Walgreens testing locations.
Should you develop any symptoms of COVID-19 during the conference please contact the organizers and isolate in your hotel room. If we determine that you are a close contact of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19, then you will be asked to wear a properly fitted
, surgical grade or higher (e.g. KF94, KN95, N95) mask for the remainder of the conference. We reserve the right to require masks in the evening sessions and/or lecture hall should the situation merit them.